12.01.2008

The Gift of Sagacity

Sunday's sermon was about the gifts that often become hidden beneath the absolute frenzy of the holidays. A present that is continually present in my life is how my Saviour is a Wonderful counselor. I am not talking the hourly paid, I need to make myself feel better, I need, I need and I need advice; rather, the counsel from an all knowing God. Counsel that often times I choose to ignore, hide under life's problems or just simply complain about because the counsel is not what I want. For this holiday season, considering Christmas is a mere 24 days away, I want to imprint on my mind and my heart, the wonderful counsel, the wisdom encapsulated in the birth of a baby named Jesus. How he lived for 33 years, worked miracles, lived for his Father, died a gruesome death and rose again...for me, for Scott, for precious people that I don't know but can call family, sisters & brothers in Christ. Although seemingly insane in the mind of those who don't know Him; He is what I refer to as sagacity. To follow him, listening to wise counsel. Take this moment, shed the frantic nature of what the world knows as the holidays and simply unwrap the gift.

No comments: