7.28.2008

90 degrees and no AC

Mmm hmm...Saturday morning was filled with sleeping late and then rushing to my parent's house to prep for a baby shower we were throwing for Liz Hodgson. The afternoon proved to be a hit, along with cheesecake filled strawberries, have you ever? They were absolutely incredible and I think I ate one, two, three too many! Addictive, definitely. Scott kept trying to call me while we were hostessing and I finally answered to find out he wanted to go see the new Batman movie. I ran home, changed clothes and was off to the theater. After the movie, (Later, I will have to contribute an entire post to what I thought of "The Dark Knight") we went to a late dinner with our friend Ian, Josh and Allie. Arriving home, I walked into what I would like to think a sauna might feel like, just not at a gym, pretend it's every room of your dear little house. I sat down, a bit perplexed, thinking maybe I was having a hot flash, but then I looked over at Charley, who normally is a panter, but I kid you not, his panting was now in overdrive! I went to the thermostat and to my chagrin found the temperature to be a hot summer's day of 87 degrees...Needless to say, I thought that a bit odd when it was set for 78 degrees. A few minutes later, Scott arrived home and I asked, quite calmly "Do you think there is something wrong with the AC?" Our before bed time was spent opening windows and turning all fans in the area on high! Sleep was off an on all night between sweating and the pacing of an overheated pup, but we survived! I informed Scott we would be sleeping at my parents house the following night until Monday arrived and we could fix our little problem.
I ran to Sunday PM service and had to go home to get my shoes and IPOD. Can I please tell you that as a result of my visit to home I was sweating BEFORE my run and that the first mile felt good due to the breeze behind the 90 degree weather outside? It was that bad. I am now sitting happily on my couch, with a sleeping dog beside me in a nicely air-conditioned house. So, AC, something I often take for granted, but after losing it for a mere 48 hours, suddenly it has appeared on my thankful prayers to God list! Hoping you are all cool and comfortable! :)

No comments: