2.05.2008

ahhhh 30!!

All I can say is I am thirty today and I am happy to be alive! It is a bit odd to face the fact that I have been walking this earth for 30 years or 10,950 days...My bday celebration began with a surprise few days in Chapel Hill at the Franklin Hotel. It is the same place our Christmas card praised and once again, we enjoyed every moment. We spent the first afternoon at 4 Corners, a bar on Franklin Street named after Dean Smith's famous offense. Scott thought I would enjoy watching the Heels play with a place filled with Carolina blue fans!! :) We had a relaxing afternoon. The next day was laid back, with a mall visit, a walk down the street and a movie. We ended the night at Top of the Hill, a fav't restaurant of ours! At dinner he gave me a box from Fink's! In the box was a David Yurman ring I had admired awhile ago. In conclusion, I am definitely, most certainly a spoiled thirty year old woman! ;) I think thirty is worth it and I look forward to the day I reach 30 + 30!! :) When I arrived home today, I got to check the mailbox and SIX pieces of mail had MY name on them!! That is one of my favorite parts about birthdays...the mailbox is MINE! ;) Most of all, the day reminded me I am loved from all over the nation...thanks ya'll!
P.S. I will admit...my knees hurt, it takes me longer to recover from staying up late and although I think I am still 18, I do feel 30 on the long days! haha...love to you all from the kanode household.

1 comment:

Missy Small said...

happiest of birthdays, my friend!