Resolutions. The word does not appear to have as much meaning as it used to; yet I think it might be in the forefront of many people's minds. I, for one, am not a regular 'resolutioner'. In fact, I usually just try to continue with plans I made in say September or August (the new year for any educator!). However, this year I was challenged by Scott to share his resolution. We are reading the entire Bible in 2008! As I have read each day (yes some days I have missed, but caught up the next day) I have found a new appreciation for God's word. Most importantly, I have found a focus for how I want my heart to grow in Him, not based on what I want, but based on how His words direct me. The process is expanding my knowledge of the God I serve, while showing me how much I fail in my walk with Him daily. Some might say that is depressing or awful, which at times, I'll admit it is. At the same time, those moments of realization cause me to look more towards my Faithful Savior and less towards what Krista or Scott can do, because frankly, I am/we are nothing without Jesus. So if you stay posted on our lives, do us a favor and pray for our wills to stay strong and in His word this year!
Another one? Yes. This one is more me-focused. I am running. Well not currently considering I am sitting in front of our laptop with ESPN Sportscenter and Charley's incessant pacing in the background, while outside 4 newly fallen inches of snow and even more continue to color my world white! But, I am running. Partly because Scott's xmas gift to me was a new IPOD nano, shoes and the running program to boot. Somewhat because I want to lose weight. A little because there is a wedding with a bridesmaid dress in the near future. Mostly because I want to challenge myself and being physically healthy is one HUGE challenge. So as you stay posted on our lives, pray for determination with reading God's word and for Krista to run like the wind! haha...not really, just that Krista would KEEP running and simply survive.
I am off to enjoy looking out windows onto whiteness and cleaning a house. Love to you all (especially those friends who are due to bring new life into the world)!! :)
1 comment:
good luck with your running! How fun would it be if we could run together? Want to move a bit north? :)
Post a Comment