8.08.2007

Charleston, SC

My summer has almost come to a close, but before it ended I had promised Lizard I would visit the place she called home for the past few months. I drove down Thurs., Aug. 2. The trip was an easy 6 hours and although I left late (surprise, surprise) I arrived at a decent hour. I spent the evening eating southern cuisine and hanging out with Liz & Jens and other friends. Each night was fun with going out on the town and meeting more friends. I loved the cobblestone or bricked streets and the old city feel. At the same time, the beach surrounded us and was available at any time of day, pretty much in any direction you looked.

We spent the first day in a continual downpour to which Liz remarked "You Kiers bring the rain." When mom and dad visited last week I guess it rained a lot! But when Saturday arrived it was bright, sunny blue skies. We spent hours on the beach Saturday and Sunday, which made the last few days of summer worth it. In-between times we ate well, Groucho's, Poe's Tavern, Basil, and Jensen's cooking! :) The last day Liz and I had lunch on King Street with my new fave 45 sauce AND we made it to Cupcake. Yes, it is a store that sells cupcakes and they are sooooo good. Although Scott couldn't make it due to work, I absolutely relished my time with my sister. We laughed a lot and I enjoyed her showing me around. To summer, Sullivan's Island and sisters who are best friends!

No comments: