11.10.2013

My Puzzle (A First Piece)

Lately, I've been privy to seeing a large number of life's pieces fit together like a puzzle.  I, admit, over and over again, I've been in awe of how this happens.  And, I have to remind myself, why am I in awe?  Isn't my life hemmed in by the grace of Jesus, the creator of the heavens and the earth?  How quickly I forget and let the pieces that don't seem to fit overwhelm me. 

In the realm of reading, I think God's been socking it to me from every direction.  Currently, I'm chewing on the following reads:  The Walk by Stephen Smallmen, Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis, A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson, Give Them Grace by Fitzpatrick & Thompson, and The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller.  Chewing being a fair description, because my goal is to read a chapter a week in each book; however, tutoring, remediation at school, housework, errands, running, being a wife, being a certain little boy's momma, and whatever other responsibilities I have, tend to take up a great deal of my time.  However, it never ceases to amaze me how the concepts in the books above, not only compliment each other in the most incredible ways BUT they jive with the heart truth Jesus has for me week by week.  All surprise and puzzle piece fitting aside, it's been eye-opening to be lead down the roads of Encouragement, Challenge, and Conviction.  Mostly, this heart has been reminded that salvation goes hand-in-hand with sanctification, and both, are a lifelong journey.  Each day is a new opportunity to be fashioned by the Potter's hands.  And, for this girl especially, I am not able to do this whole life thing  by myself or by using my own strength-be it mothering, juggling to-do lists, waking up to face each day with His joy...etc. (you name it).
Please, if you are looking for a good read that turns your head to look into a mirror framed in grace, forgiveness, and unconditional love, any of the above fit the bill.  If you want to know more, I can give you a synopsis of each one.  Also, you are welcome to borrow my copy as soon as I finish. chewing and I promise I won't leave teeth marks or a trace of drool.  ;)

No comments: