*diapers--Yes, the first major blowouts have become a regular occurence. The very first happened in the car last week. We're talking up his back, down his legs, on his belly...and, yes, as a matter of fact, we threw away the onesie. I know detergent works; however, I am not convinced it works that well.
*tummy--We started solid foods a few weeks ago. Thus far, Finley is a definite fan of sweet potatoes, avocados, rice cereal, and butternut squash. Bananas, on the other hand, not a go. Later this week, the plan is to try apples. I made the decision to make his food versus buying cans of baby food. So far, it has been a money saving endeavor and it's fun! I have to give props to AK for all her advice and willingness to answer my questions about pureeing, baking, freezing, etc. Upon AK's suggestion, I have been using the following site religiously: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ It is organized well and chock full of information, usable information! Making baby food is time consuming; however, it makes me feel as if I am contributing to helping us meet our budget. The prices of canned baby food are high and I feel much safer about what Finley consumes when it is made by me.
*"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"--A famous quotation from a former favorite show: Friday Night Lights. I know, I'm a dork. But, I still miss me some Texas, the southern drawls, Friday night football games. I admit; the series finale made me cry. Ok, I sobbed.
*of bright hope for tomorrow--"Great Is Thy Faithfulness" lifts my spirits when I'm down because it points me to the reason for my existence. And, on the difficult days, which I know will come (or are here), I can seek strength for today and be encouraged about the mercies each new morning brings because of Christ.
*schedules--Let's just say we are jam-packed. I, for one, need to learn to say no. Good luck with that!
*set of teeth--Ok, maybe not a complete set, yet! We are on our way! Mr. Finley has two teeth poking through the bottom gums. As his Mom, it is hard to picture him with teeth, especially because I have totally fallen for his gummy grin. Still, I'm excited to see a teeth-filled grin in the future.
*of love for the below photo. Two of my favorite guys in this world. And, notice they have the same hairdos (at least for now, Poppa!) ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment