2.20.2012

Prayers for Susie

I've been updating about Susie Thomas' situation on Facebook and wanted those of you who are 'Facebookers' to be praying for her as well. 
I went to college at Taylor University with Susie.  She was a wingmate and later a housemate of mine.  Of all people, Susie was a person who I admired for her kindness, craziness, and uniqueness.  Honestly, even with the presence of Facebook, I had lost track of her.  (I know you technologically proficient people are aghast!)  However, thanks to Kristy, Susie's best friend, I have the privilege of following her life now.  Susie is married to Ben and they already have three beautiful children.  From what I've read (blogs, Facebook posts, etc.)  Ben and Susie are very much in love and most of all, in love with their Savior and His plan for their life. 
Currently, Susie is about 19 weeks pregnant.  Recently (early February), God brought both Susie and little one through brain surgery where most of her brain tumor was removed.  The most recent diagnosis (in the past week) is Susie has a grade 3 astrocytoma brain tumor.  In short, this is a rough diagnosis.  Susie faces probable radiation treatments while pregnant.  There are some difficult days, months ahead. 
With all this information, my mind keeps returning to one word--"overwhelming".  Yet, we serve an amazing God who knows Susie's situation intimately and fully.  Trusting Him is where Susie and Ben are resting.  My hope is that I would remain there as well.  Please, pray for Susie, for her husband Ben, and for her doctors. 

1 Peter 5:7
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.   

John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Psalm 71:5For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the update. I will be praying. Does Susie have a blog or email that you could pass along?