8.21.2011

An Update List

Here goes:
1) School officially hit the restart your engines button this past Monday. Tomorrow, a whole new set of little faces to learn and to become attached by the heart strings.
2) My current location? In the breakfast room with two Goldens at my feet. SPK's current location? In our basement with a jackhammer at his fingertips. Reason for separation? The remodel has once again commenced.
3) In answer to Lindsey's question: One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Highly recommended. Recommended to the point that I gobbled up the first chapters and now, I am trying to only read a few pages at a time to stall the impending end. She brings the 'little moments' to life, for the soul purpose of opening our eyes to grace and thankfulness in a world which likes to brush the seemingly insignificant aside for bigger material chunks. My eyes look for purpose driven thankfulness, which allows me to drink His grace. And, really? Not because of Ann or her book but because they both point to Christ, who is truly, definitive thanks.
4) I need to go to bed. I have to get up in the 5 AM hour, which sounds dark, grumpy, and scary.
5)  Much needed update of Tot found above.  It's okay to be in love with her sweetness.  That, my friends, is perfectly normal. 
6)  One of the books I read this summer was The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  Wonderful read.  Laughed outloud in a room with just me and the book.  Cried crocodile tears and as a result, had to run errands with a sniffly, red nose.  Adored some characters, really disliked (oh, whatever) HATED others.  Read it in mach speed time. Then, went to the movie with my Mom.  We still quote the following at random times or when it is appropriate in conversation "You is smaht.  You is kind.  You is impohtant." 
Hopefully, I will get to post about the other summer reads but had to mention this one.
7) Decisions. We are making some major ones in the next few weeks. Pray for us, that we would be nestled in His will, dependent on Him, and independent of self.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am one of the only woman I know that still hasn't read "The Help". Perhaps, I need to hunker down and just read it.

Missy Small said...

Oh, One Thousand Gifts was the most amazing book of the year so far...