To begin, I just read a friend's blog entry about arriving home after being away due to a baby in the hospital for an extended period of time. I went to leave a comment on her blog about how sweet a relief it must be to finally be home and to hold her little one in her arms. Then, I read the words and realized that is how I think I will feel when I am finally 'home'. How sweet a moment to truly be home with my Savior and to see Him face to face! Oh, that I would live with this reality as a part of my everyday existence. Yet, I am floored by how amazing life is in my temporary home. The changing of seasons helps me to realize the beauty of life here and now. It isn't just one season, but the absolute wonder of time as it passes. Today, the trees are beginning to boast little buds and there are spots of random flowers (probably weeds) poking through the pale abused grass of winter. Life, in the midst of difficulty, chaos and marathons of thought, is good because it is hope filled. Little things matter but it is the 'hope' that counts.
And so, to the title-Flip Books. One of my favorite people in the world, my sister, gave me a little gift. The gift was about a dollar in price but will soon be filled to the point of priceless. It is a spiral bound ruled book of index cards. The point? To write verses which challenge, encourage, and capture my heart from reading His words to me. For now, I keep it in my purse because it is easily accessible. My first page holds the following from Isaiah 43:1-3:
But now, this is what the Lord says--
He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel,
Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name, you are MINE;
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned,
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God, the holy one, your Savior.
Audible sigh. Breathing a deep breath of the wonder that I, sinner of sinners, am loved, redeemed, and held every moment of every day. How amazing that I will walk through the fire (notice it does not say life is always a dream), yet I will not be burned. To flip books and seeking daily after the most rewarding gift in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment