12.18.2010

Hilton Head Island

We arrived late Friday night, made a grocery run to Publix, ate a quick dinner out, and came back to the room to have a relaxing night in watching TV. Then, we slept in until crazy times the next day because we had nowhere to be. To add to the cozy sleeping arrangement, it poured rain throughout the night and morning hours, a lullaby with God's touch. This morning, we've spent time watching HGTV and ESPN, with more time given to our sports bent. Scott made us brunch and I cleaned the kitchen. Today is dedicated to lounging and we might go out later to explore. Currently, Scott is teaching me about the intricacies of how to shuck oysters. He has been updating himself on all the island has to offer. Did you know the easiest and most mess free way to open an oyster shell? Pop them in the freezer. Yup. The shells will pop open automatically due to the abrupt change in temperature. :) Learning on vacation, splendid! Although I haven't actually seen HHI in the light of day yet, I am hooked. Tomorrow, we will go to church in the AM and spend the day riding bikes over the island. Though, I have a feeling, with NFL games on, we might visit spend the day at a nice sports bar with an ocean view. Then, Monday might be bike riding day. For now, I think I will sit back in my chair and read.

No comments: