8.21.2010

Falling in Love All Over Again

Honestly, I did not realize it was possible to fall in love with my husband all over again. I'm not talking the flippant "love ya". I'm talking butterflies in my stomach, him gently picking up my heart because it's too heavy for me to handle, and being able to smile because his sweet nature encourages me. Even on the days when we are not happy with one another, I know I love him. Yet in the times of life when situations stretch, pull, and tend to break you, I think there are always two possibilities: you can choose to hold on to one another for dear life or you can give in to letting the situation put chinks or holes in your marriage's foundation. By the grace of God, we have repeatedly experienced the former. Knowing myself and my tendencies under pressure, I give most of the credit to Scott. He makes the phrase "gift from God" come to life! Which is why I think falling in love with him is such a natural progression. Our hope is in the Lord and today, I see God's work in our lives because of my husband's love. Joy IS possible because we are on this road called life walking hand in hand with God's finger sketching the path before us.
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose
Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

No comments: