6.29.2010

Merci for 'less-free'!

I tend to find more time to blog during the free months of summer; however, this summer is a bit less free. For example:
1) I have had ONE day since June 10 (the official last day of school) where I have actually had my alarm clock set for a time later than 5:40 AM time. It was set to 9:00 AM. Normally, one of my summer 'must-dos' is a refusal to even set the alarm clock.
2) I have not made ONE road trip; instead, I use the gas to continue to drive to school daily.
3) I have only weeded my flower garden once. This is a weekly project in the summertime.
4) I haven't had a 'lunch date' with my hubby during one of his workdays.
5) I have not been to a pool or laid out; as a result, I am pasty white.
And yet, I am having a delightful summer! Continuing to teach is a change and a challenge, but we are thankful for the extra income in light of the past year's job situation. Today, I realized the last day of summer school is tomorrow and I feel as if I get to have the "last day of school" feelings all over again! :) Also, the extra hours make me extra excited about Scott's 30th bday gift, a night out in Charlotte for just the two of us and then a DMB concert the next night! Then, we have FOUR whole days with my sister and Jens in Charleston! Finally, although my short, unfinished list of 'less-free' examples sounds negative, here is how I truly look at the situation.

Honestly, I am probably coming out ahead on gas money due to my lack of road tripping. (The last two words of that sentence sound a bit odd when put together, huh?) Weeding is on my list of 'UGH' activities; I don't miss it. Granted, my flowers might be choking to death, but hey, what can one do? Scott and I have made a pact to make the most of any time we spend together; therefore, although lunch hasn't been a possibility we have had many other hours of 'us' time. These many hours came as a result of us realizing the summer was different for me this year. Finally, as for the pool and summer sun, my skin will thank me when I am 60! I am thankful that my view of life is always colored by my God. His grace and mercy shed positivity on the unimportant differences in life and the oh-so-important ones, too.

No comments: