3.27.2010

March's Madness

March is always a month that makes me think "sweet, sweet summer is just around the corner". And this thought is much more positive than say what I might be thinking in January!? March is a month for well, for lack of a better word, madness! Always included in the plans is the fact that my teaching is kicked up 500 notches. In the school area, this March has been textbook; in fact, it's been slightly worse due to the two "S"s: snow days and strep throat. Yes friends, snow day piled up to the tune of 7 in February and strep followed with an impressive 3 days missed from school. Do you know the last time I took a sick day from work? It was 4 years ago...for guess what? Strep. In the state of Virginia, March means two short months until SOL testing days and for some grade levels (including mine) March means the writing SOL. We finished the writing SOL by day four. After that, teaching became focused on finishing with time to review. As for this March, let's put it this way, we aren't reviewing yet.
I did make it to visit the Kiers and enjoyed every minute of my visit. Cate is more beautiful everyday and her little personality shines through as a 7 month old. I am excited that she will be visiting in both April and May! What a treat! It was also wonderful to spend time with Sarah and Rhett. Sarah is such a sweet person and I feel as if I get to know her more everytime we spend time together. She is definitely one of my "pep talk" people. You know, those individuals in your life who you feel you can share with and you know positive advice will be given on any situation. She's heartfelt and much appreciated. I don't feel loss for conversation when we're together! :)
Sadly, there was a slight negative side to the weekend. Saturday night the Heels played Dook. Yea, it was not good. I don't often see Rhett obviously upset but he was (and deservedly so.) Let me put it this way. At halftime, 10 PM, I said to Rhett "I can't watch this anymore. If they comeback, please wake me up." To which he nodded. I woke up at 4AM. Notice, Rhett didn't wake me up. Dang it Carolina. And, honestly, if someone else says "Wow. The Heels beat William and Mary in the NIT! Good for them." I might scream. In the privacy of my own home, I have screamed. That is all I have to say about the college bball situation, except "Go BAYLOR!"
The other major event was last weekend. Liz was in town and I definitely needed sister time. We spent a lot of the weekend together because she was there for Allie's shower and bachelorette party! We had a great time sharing in celebrating the fast approaching wedding and Allie was surrounded by fam & friends! It was sweet of Kristen and Allie to include Liz and I in the whole weekend's events. Kristen did an excellent job of planning for her sister. She gets kudos from me for a wonderfully planned weekend. Finally, the weekend made the wedding seem REAL! :) I can't believe Allie will be a Kier in exactly 2 months from this coming Monday!
For now, I have to get over a case of laryngitis. You should hear my voice! I hope your March madness is just another part of the blessing of life we've been given because regardless of the craziness, life is a gift. Hugs to you all!

No comments: