I realize it is not April 15th. It isn't Scott's birthdy. It isn't one of our dating anniversaries or the anniversary of our engagement. It is simply October 7, 2009 and this morning I heard our song.
Never will I forget the first time I heard the song "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flats. It was a November day and I was on my way home from work. (Specifically? I was on the exit ramp from 5-81 to I-81 S.) Scott and I had been dating for a mere 2 months but I could already see a future walking hand in hand with him. I called him and told him about the song. I even said "I think its ours." On April 15, 2006, we danced to the song at our reception. It became our song because it described the beauty of how God brought our two separate paths into one path.
The words talk about the difficult times or long lost roads that were the paths God used to lead us to each other. I teared up this morning thinking about the amazing and sometimes treacherous journey that lead me to Scott. I am so thankful for God's mercy in my life, especially when it came to dating. My husband is truly my best friend. When he's gone, my heart aches. When he's by my side, life is much more simple. I am blessed beyond measure that my road, and in God's perfect will, lead me to Scott Preston Kanode.
No comments:
Post a Comment