4.26.2008

Vinton Dogwood Festival

Today we started our Saturday a bit early...630 AM! Scott, Charley and I set off for Vinton (the town where I teach) to take part in the annual dogwood festival! I have been running with a group of 3rd - 5th graders and some teachers/parents. Today was our race day. We all ran the 5k! I had an amazing time cheering on the girls and running in my first race ever! Scott and Charley were big hits with everyone and they both ran the last 50 yards or so with me. Then I went back and ran in with the other girls for their last 0.1 of a mile! We had a total of 26 people who ran and I am proud of all of us!
It's also one of those days when you step outside and yearn for summer...blue skies with clouds speckled here and there. (And the weather people called for rain!) I am now looking for my next race; I'm thinking a 10k. Maybe Scott or Lizard will run with me next time? BTW if you are in the Roanoke area over the May 31st weekend, check out Woofstock! It is a dog festival that Scott's agency sponsors...pretty cool idea and lots of fun for family and their furry family members. :) Love ya'll!

No comments: