Who could want more right? :) Thursday, I found the bday present Scott gave me from last year. I called SpaVa immediately, fearing it would be out of date, but they let me make an appt. I had never had a massage before and I was a bit apprehensive, but let me tell ya, if you have the chance DO IT!! I loved it. I am following directions and drinking lots of water and relaxing...most people don't ask me to relax so I decided to take the command when it was given to me...:) Tonite my Heels play...relaxation time over, but still a good day when I can watch the Tarheels play.
We continue to ask for your prayers with the job situation. It is an abnormal one, where my husband and I are focused on "in our weakness He is strong". Often I don't understand this world and I am amazed at how evil people can be...then I remember, we are all sinners and I guess I should almost expect the depravity of people. This week I've been reminded of the evil in the this world and how when a person embraces evil, it infects everyone around; however, we are choosing to not let it effect us. Instead we cling to the infinite knowledge of our precious Lord. He knows all and sees all, in this we find comfort and the grace to smile even in hard times. I am reminded of the Lord's prayer "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil" not because of me, but because He owns all the earth all who are in it. His word is a definite encouragement and a light in the midst of facing the lies men try to throw at us. Your prayers are helping us to look to our Lord and give Him the glory.
Finally, I don't know if anyone saw the Dateline special last night "Twist of Fate" but it was about a tragedy that dealt with my alma mater. The story is one of inspiration and heart wrenching sadness. If you have a few hours, I am sure it will come on again, but if not, you can locate it online. I am praying for all the families who lost loved ones that April nite in 2006. And then again, I am rejoicing and weeping with them all at once. I pray God will use the words of both the Cerak and Van Ryn families to reach the hearts of calloused believers and those who do not believe. I will leave you with a phrase I have grown up listening to from my daddy's lips, that has grown to have deep personal meaning for me and that Whitney Cerak was able to share with the world last night...After I am finished with this life, especially in light of all that has happened this past week, I long to hear my precious Jesus say "Well done good and faithful servant!"
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂdeo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment